Our new Activity Specialist will work under the direction and supervision of the After-School Coordinator, the After-school Activity Specialist will be responsible for developing, facilitating, and implementing enrichment programs for elementary and middle age students. You will work in collaboration with other staff members with the goal of providing activities involving one or several of the following science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM).
In order to be considered, you must have: A minimum of 2 years experience and/or training in, elementary education, middle school, recreation and/or any other youth services field.
In order to impress us, you will also have: Expertise in developing age appropriate STEAM activities (i.e., robotics, building structures, dance, math art, etc...) with elementary and middle school aged children. As part of the interview process you will be asked to prepare a lesson plan.
Job Requirements: Must provide Hudson Guild Youth Development & Education with health forms, and must be able to obtain First Aid & CPR certification. Activity Specialist must have the ability to work well with youth, parents, and program personnel.
- Develop and maintain a professional, honest, caring and comfortable relationship with participants and families.
- Under the supervision of Coordinator, plan, and facilitate daily lesson plans and activities.
- Be responsible at all times for the safety of participants on site and on trips.
- Supervise Facilitators and Youth Worker Employees and ensure that they are utilizing their time effectively.
- Document and report behavior and/or facility incidents to School Bridge Coordinator.
- Pick up and drop off students from various locations as necessary.
- Dismiss children as specified in child's registration file, unless otherwise notified by the School Bridge Coordinator.
- Assist School Bridge Coordinator in the planning and coordinating of special events and activities.
- Assist School Bridge Coordinator in collection of data of all participants.
- Provide academic assistance to assigned students, either in groups or individually.
- Provide participant evaluations and assessments as requested by School Bridge Coordinator.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training as required by Hudson Guild and Department of Youth Development & Education.
- Responsible for the maintenance and care of equipment, supplies, and classrooms.
- Attend Parent meetings and conferences on an as needed basis.
- Participate in community-building activities sponsored by program and agency and encourage participants to support these activities